Friday, April 27, 2007

Now I can justify myself - a legitimate owl! {LINK}



Interesting link on the nightowl syndrome. I've always been one, since memory started kicking in. Reading with a flashlight under the covers. Seeing more dawns than most of my friends. Really getting into high gear around 3 a.m. when the writing muse usually strikes and I plough out a few chapters.

No interruptions, like phone or email or sounds of traffic or birds. The world is my oyster. Often the dog and I will go down to the lake and walk along the boardwalk in the bath of silence where each footstep resounds off the boards and I can hear the geese and swans ruffle their feathers in bird-dreams and the lake lisps on the stoney fringe of the shoreline.

Years ago I was given my power animal by an old aboriginal shaman and it was an owl. All seeing, sometimes wise. I never thought, until now having read the above article, that it also meant I was more efficient in the night. A true night-walker, -dreamer, -reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of you are having trouble, I've removed captcha and verification so we'll see how that goes. My apologies. Blogger is putting up far too many roadblocks. Thanks for the emails alerting me.
wisewebwomanatgmail.com