Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bull in an China Irish Shop



A bull filmed rampaging around a supermarket after escaping from a cattle market has put a small town in the west of Ireland on the international map.


CCTV footage from the security cameras in Cummins' SuperValu store in Ballinrobe, County Mayo, put on YouTube has been viewed by thousands of people around the world.

Mr Cummins praised his staff for their calm reaction to the incident. "They were excellent."

One staff member, Helen McDonnell, said: "I could smell the bull and when he was charging out again I never moved so fast in my life."

The bull was later recaptured and returned to the cattle market.


Read all about it here.

Everyone was OK including the bull, successfuly restored to the farmer's herd.

And call me weird, but I always worry so much about the poor, frightened animal in these situations.

3 comments:

  1. that's amazing! those employees really kept their heads. clearly they knew just what to do. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Managers crack about fresh meat!

    They never told us if the bullock picked up any bargains on his way round the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laurie:
    I was amazed at how calm they were too!
    @GM:
    I'd say he hid them in his man-bag.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.