Sunday, December 28, 2014

An Aside


I have a factotum that I've written about before by the name of Leo. Well, Leo has fallen captive to the charms of a woman. The less said about this woman the better.

As a result of this, however, Leo has been neglecting his duties here. His firewood retrieval from the barn is sporadic at best so I've been getting my lumber myself. A challenging task with a large fish pan and a rope followed by some hefty towing down the meadow to the house. But I am grateful I have the physical energy to do it.

I had wondered for a while about the secret life of my dog, Ansa. I love when animals have secrets, a whole other life we are not privy to.

Ansa would take off up the meadow and go missing for a while and then come down to the back door grinning. She's a dog that portrays joy beautifully. See above. I wondered what was causing her such mirth and delight.

When I went into the barn today I noticed a flurry of activity around the corner where the cow was kept in the old days.

And there was Ansa playing with a momma cat and her kittens. Ansa had adopted pets behind my back.

It made me very aware of the hidden joy that can be found in what I had perceived as dismal drudgery in getting my wood from the barn to the house.

I only have to look more deeply to find a glint of gold.




8 comments:

  1. They are hard to come by. SAW. And easily misplaced. :(

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the absolute best post you have done all year. Love your Ansa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sharing about Ansa - good dog
    and Leo
    it happens
    hope he is wise'
    but they usually are not :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oboy, I hope you will be helping the cats. Mom could be starving, poor creature.
    If I was near you I would help.
    best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glint of gold ~ I love that and that Ansa was the one to show you.

    ReplyDelete

Some of you are having trouble, I've removed captcha and verification so we'll see how that goes. My apologies. Blogger is putting up far too many roadblocks. Thanks for the emails alerting me.
wisewebwomanatgmail.com