Saturday, October 12, 2024

Sunday Selections

 Joining others in this Sunday Selection mix of photo-dumps.

Elephant's Child

From The Highrise

Drifting through Life

And maybe more.



Hand-painted with real wild flowers silk scarf from Daughter made by her.


I can't imagine ever, ever having 2" plastic nails glued on to my own nails. I couldn't get closer to photo without being intrusive. But seriously?

View from my window today, such a sparkling day. 


Picture from the 1890s in Newfoundland from the book below. These women designed these water carriers for the buckets.

This is the book with fascinating photos from across Canada from the 1890s early 1900s by Edith S Watson.  They were only recently found, literally, in an attic.


Grandgirl sends me postcards with lovely letters written on the back. This one arrived this week from Normandy. She hiked these cliffs. She's an incredible climber in her spare time, of which she has very little.


4 comments:

  1. While I know my hands should be flatter when I type, I can't imagine trying to type with such long nails. It is a lovely blue outside your window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine doing anything with those nails.
    That is a gorgeous scarf from your daughter - and postcard from the grandgirl.
    And what a beautiful day out your window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of anything nicer than a postcard from a granddaughter.
    Mine is 11 and shows every sign of wanting to do this now and in the future, which gladdens the heart. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have a basket of scarves, wish I had kept a few. Silk and designed by your girl! Lovely! Genius on the buckets, carried many and always spilled. Saw noted, no water drawn on Sundays. Postcards from a grand girl, oh how I'd love to be greeted by those. How special!! ox

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.