Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Oops


You feel good, fully of energy, there are many errands but you are in charge today. You hold a software training session in the morning and then proceed outwards to pick up medicine, a now fixed laptop, your special coffee, fruits and vegetables.

You feel particularly chatty, upbeat, all's right with the world. Dressed in one of your favourite outfits too. Black pants and turtleneck, sparkling white puffy vest. A cold enough day that keeps drying your lips so you keep applying that nice lipstick that rests in its little niche in the dashboard in between the errands.

In and out merrilly you go. It is only when you get to Timmy's and take a break for a newspaper read and your cafe mocha that you realize that there was something about your face that had the cashier smirking a little. So you haul out the little face mirror and spotcheck for something hanging off your nose or your chin.

And horror percolates through your entire body when you realize you had walted around to all these ports of call with your front teeth covered in bright pink lipstick.

14 comments:

  1. Well, you weren't supposed to apply it to your front teeth, silly. Always look in a mirror the next time, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lick your lips as soon as you finish slicking on the lipper, it acts as a seal! How do I know? I learned the hard way. Oh, this pride is a terrible thing! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar story about toothpaste decorating my right cheek for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what! Pity the cashier and his/her uptightness. Remember: you enjoyed yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, the number of times I've done that, sweetie.

    I hope the special coffee was worth the embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nora:
    I don't do mirrors as a rule, I am always in a rush and am incapable of slowing down.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. GM:
    Now what kind of message would that give I wonder? Would they cart me off?
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcia:
    Oh cringe, so many interpretations of that one I wouldn't know where to start!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. CMAN:
    I'd probably be laughing too if I was the cashier. Especially when faced with a customer who can't stop talking, displaying the pink teeth as if she were proud of them.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nick:
    I just knew you could relate. And your lipstick is so much more obvious!

    The Cafe Mocha was fab, a complete frankendrink fix.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  11. T:
    I positively hate the stuff, I lick it off as soon as I put it on. I would use Bert's Bees stick and then I found out it was made by Clorox and went off it.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.