Thursday, May 17, 2018

Blog Jam

My mornings


Water bottle
Tao meditation
Candle
Journal
An Indian Ocean sunset from a blog friend received in the mail yesterday.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Elder Daughter



She researched a little on how mothers might live longer. Discovered that daughters, spending more positive time with their mothers, extend their lives immeasurably. Every time we get together now, she calls it "my life extension programme." I have a living example in my building. An 84 yo woman - who would put women half her age to shame - bounces out of a different car in the parking lot around 7 each night. Turns out one of her six daughters take it in turns to pick her up for dinner each night of the week. I had wondered why she was always so happy. She should live to be 180.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Love


I had been looking for a headboard for my bed for a long time. Nothing appealed. Then Daughter arrived on Mother's Day lugging this beauty along with her tool kit to install it. It is so perfect I could weep. My bedroom doubles as my den so I like the distinction of the sleep area. Plus: bonus stuff holder.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

12 comments:

  1. The headboard is a nice touch. I used to have one similar but I finally got rid of it. I move around to much when I sleep and kept knocking items off the shelves. I figured sooner or later I was going to give myself a concussion.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Judith, I was nearly clobbered by the lamp already! Apparently I can attach strip lighting so I need to check that out. Daughter did a good job on making it immobile.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice collection and gifts in time for Mother's Day...Elder daughter sounds like a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just wishing that I had a headboard like that the other day. We had one about 25 years ago but it got damaged in a move. Now I am wanting one again. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter got it used on one of those local for sale sites on FB where all sorts of goodies are listed. I remember we had a larger one fifty years ago wee cupboards, etc. I've no idea what happened to it.There are such a space saver!

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  5. (This is Twilight)Having problem commenting, WWW - I cleared my cache earlier and nothing I do to comment a new seems to work.

    Anyway I do like the sound and look of your mornings WWW. Your daughter hit the bullseye with the headboard - so handy for bits and bobs, and looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get back on track with your computer, T. Very annoying. I had to reconfigure this new one I have a few months back and it's a lot of work loading all the bank stuff and emails, etc.

      I do love the headboard!

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  6. I am delighted for you.

    I would love to have a head board like that but, I won't be able to use my mosquito net if I installed one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you get a mosquito net custom made to enclose it? Just a thought. I like having my "stuff" so close by.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  7. That longevity research makes sense to me. Scott's gran lived to 108, with all but her last year in good health and in her own home. I'm sure she did so well because all five of her adult children and many of their kids and THEIR kids live nearby and she had a different one come and make and have supper with her every night during the past five or 10 years, plus there was regular traipsing in and out of her home by family and friends. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Kate. I wrote further on "Sally" today. She gives the impression that she could do fine without all this attention but I would beg to differ. She thrives on it.

      Definitely a life extension programme they are unconsciously creating for her!

      XO
      WWW

      Delete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.