Friday, August 03, 2018

Sweet and Sour

The world is in a frightful mess I think. When I allow myself to think.

I'm avoiding my newsfeeds. I just don't want to know how Trump is going to get his way again, how he will evade justice, how he will have his slavering mobs adore him as he screams Fake News! It sours up my life and I'm too old for this shyte.

I retweet the odd item. I disengaged from Facebook until the fall. But I really don't miss it.

I meditate daily. Today's was refreshing in that it reminded me that the world is a chaotic place, always has been. We fancy ourselves as bringing order to everything but we just can't. Not even to our bodies where rogue cancer cells may lurk ready to careen around our internal hidden corridors or alternately block our veins and arteries and squeeze our heart until it fails.

So in a Barbara Bushy way I realize that I need to think pretty thoughts. So I started up my little knitting factory again (my stuff really sells well). To start I made a lovely little shawlette for my sister who has her first and long awaited grandgirl of her very own now. So I incorporated herself, her husband, her four adult children and her darling grandgirl into the shawlette. I get hot looking at it (it is scorching out her on The Rock and in Ireland) but in winter it will be welcome when all this heat is behind us.



I will share the other products later before I ship them off to the shop for sale. I believe y'all may enjoy them.

11 comments:

  1. So very pretty . Surely appreciated. She will think of a warm hug from her sister every time she sees and wears it. So very thoughtful of you. What talent you have. No wonder your things sell well. Am looking very forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma, knitting keeps me serene and calm and untroubled. What else can we do? Climate change is everywhere including out here on the Edge of the Atlantic. Recommend a good distraction for everyone in these troubled times.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. Your knitting is not just pretty, it’s beautiful! I do enjoy seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn, I really enjoy it, keeps me out of myself :)

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  3. Look forward to the photographs of the output of the factory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Lucky sister for the new grandgirl and lovely = It is wonderful you have found knitting to soothe your mind and soul in these troubling times. My sister is the same but for me knitting makes me feel like punching people! I too have to stay away from too much news. Looking forward to photos of your other creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candace. Daughter recently sent me a link to an article showing how knitting has huge health benefits, heartbeat slowed, BP dropped etc. But it doesn't sound like you'd be a candidate if it gets up upset!

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  5. Beautiful...Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking pretty thoughts is getting more and more difficult - but if we are to retain sanity we have to keep trying!

    Lovely work, WWW! You have such patience! I keep intending to knit something - used to enjoy doing so, though in simple patterns only, but the excessive heat here makes the thought of having wool in my hands not pretty enough right now. :)

    Your Leo Birthday is on the near horizon - in case I forget nearer the time - Many Happy, Healthy, and Peaceful Returns, WWW! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy soon-to-be birthday WWW xxx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how lovely these are!

    Sounds like your coping mechanism with the messy state of affairs is just right for you. That’s what we all need to do — figure out what works best for us to keep our sanity and heath.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.