Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Words for Wednesday 3/27/19

Thanks to Delores for hosting March's words for Wednesday. Go visit her at Muted Mumblings and see what others have done. I was a little stumped at the one word offered this week but then realized where my imagination could land in the end.

My story is in 3 parts.

See Part 1 here

See Part 2 here

This is the final installment.

One word: TELEVISION


Sherry was on her second cup of coffee by the time Patsy showed up, taking her hat off as she came through the door, unbuttoning her police jacket, greeting Ben the barista by name and asking him for the usual.

She wasted no time.

"I was a victim myself," she told Sherry,"And I'm a cop. I was too ashamed to bring this to my superiors at work. But dammit, the fellow's good isn't he?"

Ben brought an espresso over along with a biscotti.

Sherry nodded, relief flooding her. She was not alone. She didn't feel quite so stupid now that it had happened to a cop.

"I'm wondering," said Patsy, "How many more victims are out there? And what can we do to stop this guy? Did you ever see his place? Ride in his car? Know where he worked?"

"It's weird, I didn't. He said he was in transition, between jobs, living on investments, selling his condo..."

"Right," Patsy dipped her biscotti in the espresso, thoughtful, "And he hated his photo being taken, said it was a childhood issue or something, though he did show me his ID when we first met... at the bank.."

"Me too," said Sherry, laughing in spite of herself, "At the bank, chatting casually about going away to France on business, changing some money...back in a week... said he'd like to get together for coffee when he returned....

Patsy gaped at her and then burst out laughing too. "Great story, huh? Me too!"

"Oh, that reminde me" said Sherry, "Another thing. I was waiting there to see the bank manager and Peter was leaving and turned to look at the clock and I snapped a photo of him on my cellphone..." and she took it out of her purse and swiped it and then passed it over to Patsy.

"Oh, well done," said Patsy nodding as she looked at the picture, "Very well done! Now we can plaster this all over media, television included. We will catch this bastard and warn other women, thanks to you!"

"And this," said Sherry, clinking her coffee cup against Patsy's, "Could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!"







16 comments:

  1. Good to know what happened, even better they have a photo now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the correct link to your story up on mumblings' post.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Christine, I'm not very successful at linking. I seem to miss some step anytime I try it.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It sure it. And a new friend is always welcome.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  3. Good conclusion! It's a pity we won't get to read about his comeuppance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. It's time someone put a stop to that jerks activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So few of them are caught unfortunately. Women are too embarrassed at being taken in.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  5. Very clever of Sherry to snap a photo, he'll definitely be caught eventually, but now maybe sooner rather than later. A good ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We hear many stories about rogues taking advantage, it would be good to know ithat some had an ending like this.

    Some little tales about Sherry and Patsy friendship (in the future) would be good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the idea Cathy, I just might do that, they don't seem to want to leave us.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, what a gigolo. But, there will always be gullible women.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These guys are experts and charming. I've known a few. Misplaced geniuses.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a lovely end or is it a beginning? great use of the prompt.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.