Thursday, March 07, 2019

Words for Wednesday March 7, 2019

This month is being hosted by Delores at Muted Mumblings. Go visit her to participate or just read what others have written.

The word - and it is only one this week - is Time.

Measuring the Parenthesis

We live in the parenthesis of time.

Between the

Time we are born.
and the
Time we die.

And the parenthesis is all that matters.

And we never know the parenthesis, truly.

Because our beginnings are shrouded in fog and instinct,

Remembered by others now long dead.

And then Death moves unexpectedly for its moment with us,

Remembered by others still living.

So no one writes our full parenthesis.

Not even ourselves.

22 comments:

  1. I like this very much. Very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, we don't remember our birth and we don't remember our death. And there's a lot more in between that I don't remember, also shrouded in fog and instinct!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is only between parenthesis. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lies outside the parenthesis on either end?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a touching tribute to Time. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a succinct expression of the essence of time. I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of a word that can, if teased, be filled with mystery, WWW. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes T, the more I pondered it the more mysterious it became. I can no longer figure it out. Something so simple one would think and then so complicated.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  8. This is wise indeed. I do love the diagrams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are clever and inventive. Chapeau!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Friko, I am wondering where I am on my own parenthesis.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.