Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Sporadia

Sporadic indeed. Thank you to all those who emailed me to see what was happening.

I hasten to assure I am still above the sod and not pushing up the daisies. I haven't popped my clogs in other words.

In old age. everything, yes everything, slows right down. 

And the managing of energy and where we throw it becomes almost a full-time job.

I want to do so much, packing everything in, and have yet to come to terms with my own limitations.

In short:

Tax season has entered my life yet again. I embrace my now minimum business which funds a few of my wee luxuries. This year I need a new computer as the one I have, though functioning, is showing her age by screen dimming and being quite nasty in her behavior on my Zoom calls which moved me to use my phone which is not the best solution, especially when I chair some meetings and can't quite see everybody as the gallery is tiny.

I also am restarting my writing workshops.

And I agreed to sit on the tenants' committee in my building as I feel quite passionately about seniors' wellbeing and am a highly vocal advocate of same. 

So there you have it. Meanwhile, I started a lovely sweater for my Parisienne Grandgirl.


A couple of shots taken on Sunday of our beautiful harbour (and sky) in St. John's taken from the south side.



I'll try and behave myself and update more frequently.

And also get caught up on all you lovely fellow blogmates out there.

Slainte!





18 comments:

  1. It is very beautiful there. I hope my person has all she needs for my return. I have not heard back yet...Mercy is sleeping at the moment, so I can blog in peace. Enjoy all of your activities and I hope you can find an affordable new computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e. I have my eye on a 27" Lenovo all in one as this one is the same brand but slightly smaller. My right eye is not like it was so I need a large screen. Easy transfer of data.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the update! I'm 84 and my husband is 89, so we understand about using our energy wisely. Short posts work fine. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I could just do a blurt (speaking of a good name for it, right?)
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! And when reading my blog you do NOT need to comment any and all posts, one or two will do :D
    You truly live in a beautiful place!
    Taxing season here too - it is one of the places where digitalisation is really, really helpful. We just log on with our personal number (like a social security number) and a secure code, then we look at what they already know, fill in the missing numbers - and done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't tell my clients, Charlotte. I do the work and get paid!!
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  4. Just doin' a little happy dance over here. Good to see you. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking up on me Kate, I'm still the fighting Irish.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  5. You have plenty to keep you occupied and fulfilled , which is great.
    What a stunning cable knit, grandgirl will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am calling it Les Câbles in French to please her highness.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  6. A lot of side gigs there and some expensive equipment to be replaced. I wish you every success.
    Thank you for the lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a huge charge out of you escaping in your car with your buddy, abandoning The Loom for a while, Joanne.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  7. Beautiful Harbor shots and I like the sweater pattern. I never learned how to do that and can't be bothered now. I don't knit anymore anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are talented in other areas River and I have to come to grips (finally) that I can't do everything *smile*
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  8. Nice to read your post again and see what you have been doing. That is a lovely sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GS - I will try and be a better blogger with all this encouragement!
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  9. I wish you luck on the tenants' committee. Are they sympathetic to your suggestions or are they unhelpful? Ouch - a new computer won't be cheap, but needs must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No initiation yet to the committee, in the next few weeks, I hope (or not, depending on my mood, lol). Not cheap at all so need the work.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.