Thursday, March 22, 2012
Five Glorious Things
1. I was on TV last night. Yes, I was. Speaking about the importance of commemorating an Irish speaker's legacy. And more I can't say until I hoover up this blog and breach my own anonymity. Fame. Such a fleeting thing. Note to self: make the most of it.
2. A blue jay starting to build something outside my window. Awfully sloppy if it's a nest but she's busy so this must be - whatchamacallit again - Spring?
3. A lovely lovely lovely St. Patrick's Day lunch out in the middle of the country. I felt I was part of a movie set. You know, the big open fire to the ceiling welcoming all guests, the gallopping horses outside the window, the table groaning under the weight of all the food. Getting a prize because I was the most "Irish" there even though I disqualified myself at the outset. And getting to sing a duet - The Isle of Inisfree - with another guest.
4. Gordon-the-Gift freshly at home from his Labrador work life, putting many of the finishing touches to The Tigeen. We now have beachstones set in around the wood stove. Pics to follow.
5. Finally meeting someone I really, really wanted to meet for a long time last night and HIM saying to me - I love your writing, I'm so glad your words were in our local newspaper! Gulp. Silence. What on earth does one say? This man is one of my heroes.