Monday, November 20, 2017

Toilet Plunger

One of my prints for sale at the Craft Fair.


Eye catching heading, right?

You don't pack an old used one, right? I mean a toilet plunger is married to your toilet for life, until breakage or punctures doth part them.

And somehow you don't think of buying one before a problem strikes in any new dwelling either.

Odd that we don't think of ever knocking on anyone's door either asking to borrow a toilet plunger? I mean it's so personal, isn't it? It would be like breaking up the marriage of it and its toilet.

So the city. 24 hour shops. I'd forgotten. I can go out and get a toilet plunger at any time ($1.59).

So now my toilet and plunger are married. Tell death part them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memory Lapses

Do you get weird ones?

I do.

I did my laundry early the other day and I like to sort it into drawers and shelves right away. So it's night and I knew I had washed 3 pairs of PJs and do you think I could find them? No. I checked everywhere, even trotting down the hall to the laundry room (gorgeous spot by the way with a reading nook and desk in a wee sun room off the laundry room). No sight nor sound. Checked every drawer, every shelf, every closet. No PJs. I haven't been utterly baffled in a long time, and a little frightened too. What was wrong with me? The following day I'm tossing some dirty tea towels into my laundry hamper and lo and behold, I'd gently placed the neatly folded nightwear into the dirty laundry bin. No recollection. And still don't. Maybe I should be scared?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Adaptation

I found one of those collapsible luggage carts in a Goodwill style store. $4.99. Strong and sturdy. With my challenges in walking and carrying I've found this little unit amazing for hauling stuff around. We don't have a garbage chute and the outside garbage bins placed strategically at various points around the building is still an Everest to me. But this wee cart? It's a workhorse with the bungee cord. I've hauled out an old light knapsack for small grocery trips. And I have a well used Kipling smaller knapsack for every day use. It broke my heart to rid myself of some lovely Roots hand gear but I couldn't handle the weight of any of them so in to the Goodwill bag the went for donation. Someone will be thrilled.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

House update

I'm meeting with my agent tomorrow to drop the price again. Depressing, I know, but needs must. Someone's going to get a great bargain.
,

15 comments:

  1. I get memory lapses just as peculiar. Probably just means you were preoccupied with something else at the time and shoved the pyjamas in the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On reflection Nick, I realise I've always thought about 5 things at once and I should limit it to 3 or 2. LOL

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. See, the move was the right one - getting your toilet plunger was so much easier. And there seem to be other bonuses too, all to make life less challenging than getting in logs and clearing snow. How you did that beats me. We gave up the log fire a few years back....just couldn't haul them in any more, let alone take out the ashes. Good on yer. Much love, hugs and good vibes in your new place xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed I got through the last 2 winters, Pamela, seriously. They should have killed me.
      I love the bother-free existence I have now.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  3. You've made the right move. We loved our old house in Michigan with its forty acres of primal forest, but six months of near continuous snow meant constant tractor work to keep the drives and pathways clear, and all summer was spent cutting wood for heat through the long winters. It was a wrench to leave, but the passing of seventy meant it became more difficult to keep up with the work involved and our move to France has meant a much easier lifestyle. We still miss our old house, but sometimes it pays to be realistic and adapt to our drop in energy levels. I do hope you'll be happy in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am I am I am. Can't believe how happy I am. As you must be too, RJA. France sounds beneficial to your well-being. I have three separate relatives living in France so have many invitations to stay but my health has other ideas. But who knows, I may see you yet?

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  4. Oh dear - sad about your house Wise. I think of singing "try to remember, and if your remember...." etc. I think you were in love with that place [who wouldn't be] and it served you well - maybe the time spent there is all fate will give you. On with the new!!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved a specific, beautiful octagon house and flower gardens for 16 yearrs once upon a time, 7 years ago now. We moved away, downsized to a personality-void home, and are helping aging parents. Knowing it's the right thing to do doesn't necessarily make our changes or adjustments easy. I truly believe there's a grieving process involved. I've been reading and appreciating your blog for a while now and figured it's time to show myself! I wish you well in your adjustment. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photo. Kim in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the grieving process. We lost our home of 40 years to a landslide 10 months ago. Have been living with our daughter and family while waiting and hoping for a FEMA buyout. Had a little uptick in grief just recently ourselves.

      Delete
    2. Good to hear from you Kim, and thanks for unlurking yourself. I imagine I was so ready there is no grieving, all my grieving was done in that house. If the walls could release my grief, they'd be crying for months. I lost so many friends and my beloved dog while living there. Now, I feel a rebirth, it's magical.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
    3. OMG Carolyn, how dreadful for you. I can't imagine. And living with others, no matter how close, must be so challenging. Not to mention the financial devastation. Sorry to hear about your grief too. Never rains but it pours.

      Hugs,

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  6. I read and sometimes do not respond, where you were and now a little more, hanging in there, so much to do here
    on this acreage but do not know if I could stand another move. Trying to decide...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too, Ernestine but I am truly ecstatic much to my own surprise, like a huge heavy weight was taken from me.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.