Monday, February 04, 2008

Gobsmack


Ski Dubai


Just when you think you've seen it all, there comes the time of the digital building, where you can watch both sunrise and sunset staring out the same window without moving from your chair:

Skyscraper with rotating floors.

Of course Dubai is also the city of indoor skiing. Why not have skiing in one of the hottest countries on the planet?

I have no idea what energy consumption is involved in all of this but I would venture that the enviromental footprint is mind-boggling.

2 comments:

  1. I was reading about this a few months back. I suppose you could argue that yes it consumes lots of energy but if you flew to an actual ski resort that would cost even more. It might even start a fashion for simulated holidays on your own doorstep - though who would want to simulate the real thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess my shock is in the rotating floors of the building, Nick. The skiing I had assimilated a while back. Dubai seems to be the leader in all things simulacrum (sp?).
    I think virtual trips are here, BTW. :>)
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.