Friday, February 08, 2008

TGIF and a Joke to go with it!


In the fine tradition established by Grannymar, I decided to post a joke here to cheer us all up, particularly us snow-bound Torontonians. Enjoy!

You Don't Have To Own A Cat To Appreciate This One! You don't even have to like 'em!


We were dressed and ready to go out for the New Year's Eve Party.

We turned on a night light, turned the answering machine on, covered our pet parakeet and put the cat in the backyard.

We phoned the local cab company and requested a taxi.

The taxi arrived and we opened the front door to leave the house.

The cat that we put out in the yard, scoots back into the house.

We didn't want the cat shut in the house because she always tries to eat the bird.

My wife goes out to the taxi, while I went inside to get the cat.

The cat runs upstairs, with me in hot pursuit.

Waiting in the cab, my wife doesn't want the driver to know that the house will be empty for the night. So, she explains to the taxi driver that I will be out soon, "He's just going upstairs to say goodnight to my
mother."

A few minutes later, I get into the cab. "Sorry I took so long," I said, as we drove away. "That stupid bitch was hiding under the bed. I had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out! She tried to take
off, so I grabbed her by the neck. Then, I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from scratching me. But it worked! I hauled her fat ass downstairs and threw her out into the back yard!"



The cab driver hit a parked car.

2 comments:

  1. I think I need to leave a box of tissues beside my computer!

    Tears of laughter are streaming down my face. I received that in my emails this morning, it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! I know a few of my (female) workmates will appreciate the humour, so I'm copying it immediately!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.