Monday, March 18, 2013

Outport Woman was Busy in the Kitchen

Between other bursts of energy and engagements I've been cooking. A lot. I like to make about 4 or 5 dinners and then freeze the extras. With this in mind I can afford to take more time and effort with some dishes.

In the last wee while I've made seafood crepes which I rarely do as it takes a while. But I am in receipt of a long awaited cast iron crepe pan and these were the result. The extra three servings freeze so well:



Then I made an old favourite, steak and kidney pie, making it an unbroken rule to freeze the extras (4) as I could eat it every day and not get fed up with it, it must be the memories of a long, damp, bone-chilling chilblainy childhood in Cork:



And then finally, this recipe which I've fed to so many at my table as it is so nutritious. I call it coconut spinach. I made 6 of these.



Next up is moose lasagna which is incredible. And then someone was telling me about cooking lasagna and then putting this marvellous stuffing along the strip and rolling it all up and baking. It could have been Grannymar, h'm.

Now if you're in this area, drop in. If there's one thing I enjoy more than cooking, it's feeding it to friends.




13 comments:

  1. would like the spinach recipe.
    and what is your seafood crepe filling? Those would go down well at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seafood crepe filling - please
    also the spinach...
    If I lived near
    would love to visit
    and you could visit me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see so many dishes and recipes online but nothing in this league! I think I'll go cook something now, because you have made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crepes! I whirl the ingredients in a blender and put it in the fridge overnight, then cook them next day. And if I'm rushed I might put them back in the fridge and fill and serve them the next day. Seems like a lot of messing but it's quickly done. I too would like your recipe, all three in fact, if you're feeling in a sharing kind of mood! I love to feed people too! In fact, it's hardly worth it to me to cook when it's only me here---not a good approach I know---I need to get the habit of freezing going....Saw your beautiful knitted art work---Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recipes! Well, for the first and third, since i don't eat meat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in the wrong place; I'm very friendly and a gifted eater, so I could be a Dream Guest for you.

    Well done on the freezing meals for a "rainy day."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharyn:
    I'll post this recipe later on today.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hattie:

    As a life long foodie, I am dedicated to good recipes!

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Molly:

    Yes overnight for the batter mix is best, I put a little butter in mine as it seems to cook so beautifully in the pan without additional oiling.

    I also make a stuffing with the mushy peas, onions and mince, do you know that one? We would have it on Patrick's Day back in the day.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  10. SAW:

    Yes, I love a tried and true recipe, later today SAW.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jocelyn:

    Gifted eaters are more than welcome here. Would love to have you if ever you travel to the edge of the Atlantic.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  12. If only I could swim.... I'd be there for lunch every day.

    Hands up, I am not sure it was me gave you the advice for Laxagne! Don't want to cause a war with the real donor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GM:

    Drat, I thought it was you, I did print off so will check in my scrapbook.

    I wish you were here every day, we could craft and cook and swap stories till the cows came home!!

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.