Sunday, June 09, 2024

Sunday Selections

 Joining others in this Sunday Selection mix of photo-dumps.

Elephant's Child

From The Highrise

Drifting through Life

And maybe more!

Well, actually it's late Saturday here.

Here are a few shots from my week here: 

Daughter was always the spit of her father but in the last few years we are beginning to look more and more alike and dress the same unintentionally, and put on our napkins like this in a who gives an eff approach to fine dining. A kindly gentleman snapped us eating these incredible award winning  pizzas at PI.


In case you're wondering, we took multiple meals home in our doggie bags. 

Then we headed up Signal Hill as the sun was setting and snapped away in the fading light.


A boat towing a wee boat into the harbour.



It was foggy for many days, the above is me taking a photo as I pulled out of the driveway below during the week. This bakery prepares everything from scratch, complete meals - a huge variety - and of course cakes and breads and croissants and muffins galore. The aroma of all this freshness grabs you by the throat as you go in. Instant massive hunger. And it's out in the middle of nowhere beside a lake.
The faded look and ha ha sky is the fog enveloping everything.

Some of the goodies on offer.

And finally a Monet postcard from Grandgirl in Paris where she and her mum had actually listened to me when I said please go the Musee d'Orsay as my birthday treats as you will be blown away. And they were. And spent most of the day there, which thrilled me as I had too a few years back. Grandgirl sent me this postcard with her exquisite writing on the back as this was her favourite and like myself in my time, she spent many many minutes with the original. She has also taken the time to visit Monet's house and proudly says she has quite a familiarity with ALL his work now. She is loving her life in Paris. But I miss her terribly.



 

18 comments:

  1. There is a STRONG family resemblance between you.
    Love, love, love those ocean scenes and am glad you are finding food to tempt you.
    Monet? One of my favourite artists. A sister in law spent a day in his garden which I have always envied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved Monet and envied GG her visit to his home and gardens. SO much EC. Yes, when I'm not up to cooking I grab some truly great meals there at a fab price.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. I especially love that picture of you and your daughter! Thank you. ❤️
    ---Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CM, we are both in a bit of challenging health at the moment too and had kept recent medical events to ourselves until we met on Friday. I do hate worrying her.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  3. That fine Irish skin is holding up very well. I used to be impressed by fiery sunsets but I am now quite fond of softer sunset photos, as yours are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice to see a snippet of Grandgirl's writing.

      Delete
    2. I think we are both gentling down Andrew, I have many pictures of fiery sunsets from my old home around the bay. Now it's the pastels.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  4. How lovely to spend some time with you. Aloha from Honolulu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Incredible Kylie, heaven on a plate though very expensive and a treat for special occasions.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  6. Your photos are gorgeous and the pizza pic made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen such a massive pizza for a long time! We had an enormous pizza in Verona once, far too big for the tiny plate it was on. The bakery must be good if it can thrive in such an isolated spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see the cars NicK, it's about 9 miles out of the city on a country road. Blocked.
      they put their oven output on the FB page every day so we know what's on the table.
      the pizza is the best I've ever had.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  8. I have to say I was wondering about that pizza. Looks big enough to feed your whole building! And, yes, you and your daughter are starting to resemble two peas in a pod. Sweet peas, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A matching set, you two gals! So lovely to see you both, and especially enjoying yourself so much.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.