Friday, March 25, 2011

Sheila's Brush


Sheila's Brush

Yesterday.
And the day before.
And the day before that.
Liquid yellow touching blue.

Jaunty me.
Coatless, hatless, gloveless.
Ha-ha said the old fisherman
Patrick's not done with you yet.

For Sheila's not here.
Until she comes don't
Put any of the gear away.
Or 'twill be the death of you.

And today
Sure enough there's a roar
Down the chimney and the waves
Mount high and the snow

Oh the sharp snow cutting through
The sky and the trees and the
Birds all shivering from it
And me inside looking out at it

And looking around
For the gloves and the hat and
The scarf and the great winter
Coat and the boots. Brush on.

For more information on Sheila's Brush.

11 comments:

  1. Yea..forgot my toque and gloves today walking the dogs and regretted it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. You've painted today, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, very visual, I was right there with you...:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I hope she is come and gone quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is spectacular. and this is my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaunty you! Love the verse and the imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of Sheila's brush. If only she would brush away some of the politicians while she's at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was educated about Sheila's Brush by my NL family - we have something similar around here called the Scarveen (SP?) although it happens in May I believe!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.