Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Brisk Walk along Holyrood Boardwalk.


Lupins in June in Holyrood

At Holyrood the winter hangs suspended.


Juncos stitching scallops across the sky.

Ponds glistening in white winter coats

Lying hard and low on the crouching water,

Waiting for the skeech and shuss of skates.


Speeding along the boardwalk, the dog and I

Pause and listen to the pounding of the surf

Roaring at the chattering of the beach stones,

Falling back, helpless, frothing at the mouth.


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Twilight said...

Beautiful, WWW!

I love the sound of surf - miss it now!

Wed Dec 19, 08:55:00 PM GMT-3:30  
Blogger Molly said...

Lupins always remind me of my mum's garden! I love the last line, "Frothing at the mouth!" I'm never happier than when I'm walking on a beach---anywhere.

Thu Dec 20, 11:09:00 AM GMT-3:30  
Blogger Government Funded Blogger said...


A painting by words!!
Lovely my friend.

Thu Dec 20, 11:21:00 AM GMT-3:30  
Anonymous Grannymar said...

I could feel the cool air in my lungs as I walked along with you. Wonderful word picture.

Thu Dec 20, 12:59:00 PM GMT-3:30  
Blogger Betty Bishop said...

That was lovely Wise! Thanks

Thu Dec 20, 02:59:00 PM GMT-3:30  
Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beautiful
I
miss the sound of the ocean...

Thu Dec 20, 03:28:00 PM GMT-3:30  
Blogger Secret Agent Woman said...

That's lovely - I can hear the waves in my mind.

Thu Dec 20, 07:38:00 PM GMT-3:30  

Post a Comment

Apparently some can't comment so I've taken off the capcha thingie. and hey nasty spam monsters may the dung of a thousand camels splat forth on your huts.

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]