DKZ, co-incidentally, wrote about this today. Just as I was thinking of my own list.
Somedays it takes digging through the coal for the diamonds, other days those jewels shine with the power of the sun.
I am grateful for many things today.
(1)A tube of 7 Fathoms that Daughter brought me on the weekend. My own small tube was running out and I was using it sparingly but I wouldn't dream of saying that to her until she gifted me with a large tube of this magnificent lotion.
(2) Walking 1,000 steps yesterday. Can't tell you the last time I could do that. Way back in the mists of time in 2020. This iron is kicking in. Big Time.
(3)Reading a fabulous book gifted to me by Grandgirl, The Purple Hibiscus. A gripping read.
(4) Watched a beautiful movie last night : A Song for Jenny - yes, I cried, but sometimes we just need a good ol' cry, right? So much bottled up during these Covid Times.
(5) Visiting all your blogs and getting caught up with your doings, and beings, and interests.
(6) Receiving a long post card from a friend who had previously ticked me off with unwanted advice, recalling a special star filled night we had watched together during the Perseid Meteor Shower and that he brought to mind many times since, one of the highlights of his life. Interestingly enough, even with the prestigious memory I do have, I have completely forgotten it.
(7) A brother celebrating his 72nd birthday today. And so grateful all six of us siblings are still alive and meeting on Zoom every Sunday from around the world.