Friday, October 16, 2015

Diversion & Distraction


A view of St. John's, capital city of Newfoundland & Labrador, taken a few days ago by moi.

A friend of over 40 years standing came and visited me for 6 days. Which accounts for my lack of attention to your blogs and to my own.

She couldn't have timed it better as it was her first visit here and I pulled out all the touristy stuff within easy reach. The weather was kind to us and the pace was leisurely. Art galleries, fossil sites (oldest fossils in the world), Signal Hill (see view up above)and Cape Spear - the most eastern point in North America, to name a few. And oh yes Thanksgiving dinner chez moi thrown in there too. We had long conversations into the small hours catching up on all the doings that phone-calling and emailing don't quite cover.

Now that she's gone I am taking the day off to regroup. My new grief counsellor phoned me and we had a lovely chat, he right away went into a recent grief process of his own which resulted also in physical health issues and he won me over. So my first F2F session is next Wednesday.

I can't thank everyone out there enough for all the support, both private and on comments, that has been offered so lovingly and with such compassion.

My sometimes difficult and challenging passages through life are rendered easier because of you, my web gang.

You are truly the family of my heart.

16 comments:

  1. thank you for your comment on my entry of today..
    understand and so thankful for your friend
    98% of mine
    now gone :)
    take care and do all you know to do....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know OWJ - so very sad when the ranks start to thin. I just didn't expect such an onslaught in a very short space of time too.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. Oh good!I was just about to phone...uh...haven't the faintest - but I would've. So glad you've had a good heartfull time with a bud, and plans to tackle the sadness. I'm on my way to fill up my bucket with a trip to Ottawa to visit my youngest grandson. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan for caring. Enjoy your Ottawa sojourn, nothing like the young 'uns to bring a spring to the step :)

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  3. Wonderful view and all the better when you can share it in person with a friend. Good friends are your family by choice, enjoy them. Wishing you all the best for your Wednesday sessions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you GM. More will be revealed. I feel this is a very important step, not just for me, an odd feeling but it will all unfold as it should.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  4. I want to say something that will let you know I'm wishing you well, but all the things I might say sound so trite, so I'll stick with this, wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the very best to you WWW. May be the elections will give you the diversion that you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed on these elections, Ramana, all will be told on Monday night.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  6. I hope the counselling is productive and gets to the heart of the matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Nick, I've got a good feeling on this.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  7. Aww. Thanks so much. You are a lucky person, really. Luck of the Irish, and we know how that goes! But it sounds mostly good these days for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just spent some time catching up on your last few posts.
    Sorry I've not been around while you've been suffering.
    I hope the counselling will really help you.
    Enough is enough sometimes with all the suffering that we are expected to put up with.
    Sometimes we have to surrender to help!
    Let me know how you get on.

    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear the connection with the grief counselor was quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you're lucky you get as good as you give, and you give good friendship across the interwebs. So glad you had a friend visit and that grief counselor has made a connection. One day at a time....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.