Friday, May 21, 2021

A Picture is Worth.......

I'm focused on photos.

Sharing them.

Grandgirl was over last night with all these ingredients for dinner, her go-to recipe. It's tortellini, this time she found a sundried tomato with mozzarella variety. She adds fresh kale (our fave veggie) garlic, a splash of cider vinegar, loads of butter and tops the lot with a good French goat's cheese, crumbled. I can't tell you how good it is. We thought we might had a tossing of walnuts to it next time. I remembered to take a pic tonight of the leftover I had of the leftovers. It's a challenge not to inhale it.


An up to date pic of the sofa blanket/afghan which I've called Stone and Sand and Sea and Sky after the song of that name. The couple it is destined for are mad about the sea.  It has about a foot more to go.



Niece and I had breakfast today which then evolved into lunch as we chatted non-stop for nearly 5 hours where we sorted out the world. She always brings knitting. I do if I have a small piece. But I was struck by how her bag matched her yarn and found the image quite beautiful.



It was marvelous to have fairly normal social interactions outside and in coffee shops. But there has been a new cluster way north of here. Remote workers coming home. So still vigilant and masked.





12 comments:

  1. How lovely to be out with someone and spend 5 hours and include knitting.
    Still locked down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fine 5 hours well spent. This old world needs sorting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lovely knitting bag is zipped, as is mine. Keeps the cat out. Ask me why a zipped knitting bag is a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kale? My LEAST favourite veggie, cannot eat it.
    I also like the way that knitting matches the bag, what is she making?
    Your afghan is looking good.
    So nice that you are able to get out a bit now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are spending time with (related) kindred souls and able to get out a bit more. Love that bag, and the matching knitting and your afghan is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice that you had good company and a long chat, although I've always found sortin' the world better when alcohol is involved. You get it sorted and then forget how the next day, which is probably just as well. I expect I've eaten kale but I am not sure what it really tastes like, although if I have, I guess it didn't offend me. The blanket does look very beachy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tortellini looks very tempting. Shall try it out here next week as I will have to do some shopping online for home delivery of some of the ingredients.

    Better be safe than sorry and good that you are still masked and vigilant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tortellini does look delicious! Glad to see you socializing like this. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky for you that Grandgirl is near enough for such occasional 'craic!' Your afgan is sure to be a huge hit with your friends

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also still vigilant and masked, even though I've had two vaccinations. There's still a small chance of catching the virus (or spreading it) so why take the risk?

    I like the sofa blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still masking here and love that blanket.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.