Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Random Act of Kindness



The other day a family member virtually visited me with an absolutely overwhelming act of kindness. Where my response was to cry. Tears of joy, I should add. It wasn't so much what they did. It was how they made me feel, even though incredibly loving words accompanied the act.

As if they could see me and know me and recognise unsupported solitude. And then for them to say: I understand. I love you. You are special. And now and again life is a struggle for you. And I've got your back.

It was as if some hitherto unknown internal pressure inside me was released. I can hardly describe the feeling and to let myself even relax back into it brings on more tears.

The muse, my Scriobhnarin, returned. And writing comes easy today. Idiotic I know - but I can feel the love even at this huge geographical distance.

Unexpected love and kindness are priceless.

I'll pay it forward.

19 comments:

  1. Sometimes we need compassion and love in their purest form. It sounds like you got that and you feel validated again and even dare to find yourself lovable and worthy. I know the feeling well and know what an enormous relief it can be. I hope you bask in the glory of it for a long time and keep nurturing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene:

    So do I, so do I!

    I am starting my jar of nice-notes early so when I feel down I will pour some out and revitalize myself!

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAW~
    Priceless!
    Unexpected!
    Validating!
    Affirming!
    All of the above + more.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you.
    When you mentioned "jar of nice notes" it made me remember how I keep all of my special cards with special notes - they make me feel loved in my alone time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A priceless gift to receive, may the afterglow keep Scriobhnarin busy with inspiration for many a long day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, GM, and another surprise today with a visit from my producer (I think you met her) all enthused about my new play and scheduling Board meetings and rehearsals, etc. It's coming together!!!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best gifts can't be bought....How lovely to receive one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true Molly. I was thinking of you as I planned my annual Nollaig na mBan. I wish you lived closer!!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. OWJ:
    I fished you out of the spam bucket again!
    Yes, I keep all my cards for the year in a special holder too and take it down when I'm feeling 'down'.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best medicine delivered by ear, words of sympathy. Every so often, family redeems itself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the feeling. It's so nice when someone says something so warm and loving that it melts you inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paying it forward - the best way to celebrate receiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annie:

    I know, my family of origin has had its trials and tribulations but the past year has been one of healing for some of us.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nick:

    And all the better for the surprise!

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pauline:

    The only way, really, for to keep it is to render it meaningless.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to be close enough for your Nollaig na mBan! Tell us about it, please!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The attitude of gratitude! I rejoice with you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.