Sunday, August 18, 2019

Sunday Smatterings


Of cabbages and kings....

I put all names in the hat to receive my cards and bonus, added another card so extracted 6 names rather than 5.

So here they are:
Cup on the Bus
River
Gigi from Hawaii
Twilight
Tom (Sightings)
DKZ

I am also sending one to Elephant's Child in thanks for her mailing a beautiful Monet bookmark and card to me ( I have your address EC).

So please, send me your snail mail addies ASAP to wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom. You know what to do with those ats and dots.

In other news the show was a roaring success, sold out both shows. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to be back on stage again but more so it was around the special type of energy that only a theatre crew can produce, it is highly intimate and gratifying.

My birthday was wonderful in every way. I do wish I had more energy, I know this seems like a constant bleat from me but hell, aging, winding down, you know. One of my siblings sent me the most wonderful email and I will treasure it. As some of my family of origin need some massive healing this meant more than I can say. It's never too late to "do the work" as a wonderful shaman once told me. And it is good and rewarding work to throw out the old patterns and embrace the joy.

A dear friend treated me to the most wonderful gift, a writers' festival weekend in Cape Breton. The brochure above has a painting done of her thirty years ago. This painting will be auctioned off at the end of the festival. The painter has dementia now, a beautiful talented woman with that wonderful long flowing white hair many of us desire in elderhood but are rarely gifted with.

I decided to fly. I've been adverse to flying for a few years now. I don't truly know why. Grandgirl convinced me as did my generous friend. One of those elder "notions". I can get assistance, and it's not about that, truly. It's the airport and cramped seats and overall discomfort and herding cattle atmosphere. Anyone else feel like that or is it just moi? I mean I'd fly at the drop of a hat before but now it's with a feeling of dread.

So onward as I embrace the new year for me ahead. We just never know, do we, what lies ahead and that's a very good thing, I would think.



23 comments:

  1. I am THRILLED that your bookmark arrived. And huge thanks for the card which I look forward to holding.
    Hooray for the success of the show, a fabulous birthday, and for the courage to branch out. I hope the writers festival weekend is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much EC. The joy of the blogverse can't be overestimated!

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the gift. I'll send you my address shortly. Great that the show was a success, and you deserve all of the praise you received. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gigi, I know you will find the same kind of spirit satisfying joy in your violin!

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  3. I am pleased you were a resounding success on stage and it sounds like you have been havin a grand old time. I fully agree with you. I hate the whole flying business. Give me a train any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore trains Andrew, so civilized and leisurely.
      Thank you for the kind words!

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  4. I have never been fond of flying but enjoy getting places quickly. Or, so it used to be. Now one has to be at the airport so far in advance for checkin and go through all sort of machinations to be passed along. Then, as you say the planes are so crowded and people tend to be so rude and think only of themselves on these cramped flights. I don't eat, drink, and barely breath, on planes as there as so many germs. Thank you for the card. I do so look forward to receiving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a big fan of flying either but I have to say that on my last major trip which involved multiple flights across the country it all went without a hitch. Every flight on time, no lost baggage, no seat mixups, no confusions. Yes it was crowded and sometimes felt like a cattle car, the whole hurry-up-and-wait thing is annoying, but I sailed on through. I wish flying were more civilized but it's not. However it does get you there in good time. Bite the bullet! And congrats on the show! Enjoy the Festival!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a chancy business as one can get lucky like you did, Annie. And luck surely should have nothing to do with something that should be so efficient and not so horribly money-grubbing and contemptuous of its business as many airlines. I would exclude the old Porter Air from that but I hear these days they are also the pits of hell.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  6. Thanks for drawing my name. Address on the way!
    Flying in this country is extremely accommodating to we old farts. I can only imagine it would be better in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This old fart is going to put it soon to the test Joanne. Full report will be given in due course!

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  7. First time here. What do you do that you were on stage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great blog name!

      Act, my good man, act. Or try to.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  8. Thank you for drawing my name, will email my address asap.
    I plan to have long white hair when I get older, I'm growing it now and the white will come, right now is it still salt and pepper although the pepper is on the light side since I was a dark blonde not a brunette. I have only flown a handful of times, mostly because I just can't afford to go anywhere, also because I can't just go off and leave the cat to fend for herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is very odd, I don't understand it. It comes in grey and has for years but the bottom half is a shiny brown. Go figure.I would love lush white wavy down the back or a braid. I'd love a white braid.
      Only that my friend is paying for most of this trip I would not be going.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  9. I am delighted for you that your shows went off well and that you had a great birthday. I stopped travelling three years ago after I found on my last outing to Chennai that I can no longer take exactly the kind of things that put you off from flying. Travelling by trains also is ruled out due to my hips giving me problems and so I have restricted myself to manageable motoring trips with convenient stops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sensible, Ramana, we have to adapt. I am hoping for assistance on this trip though it is a short one. My legs are terribly unreliable and many days are nearly normal. Others excruciating in spite of meds.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  10. Oh - I'm all behind, again, having been feeling too lazy and dopey to read or write much for a few days - thanks to my trying out various types of medical marijuana (no highs, just a lot of zzzzzs!). I have updated myself here now, and must wish you a belated but warm Many Happy Returns, WWW - if I didn't do so earlier. 0x0x

    Thank you so much for adding my name to your list, what a treat! - I'll e-mail my e-addy to you in a mo, WWW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still dopey - DANG! I meant that I'll e-mail my snail mail address!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries T, I got it. I've had a dopey few days myself. Utter exhaustion with no inclination to do one.solid.thing. We need to forgive ourselves more thoroughly as we age. I thought I was senioring well but hah!

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  12. There are so many off-putting aspects of flying nowadays - the cramped seats, getting through security, all the baggage restrictions etc. But if the destination is worth it, I'm willing to put up with the hassle. As you know, we're heading for the Canadian Maritimes soon!

    Glad to hear the two shows were a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, and good for you for making the decision to fly to the festival. Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.