I don't think this is going to be a morbid post. Just merely a reflection of the last few months. As I age, I lose many people I care about or have good memories with.
In the last 4 weeks alone I have lost 3, 2 of my personal friends and one a dear blog friend many of you know.
I have written about the first two and not about the blog friend.
Joanne was known to many of us, she was a creative and an activist. She was brave and committed to family, raising her grandchildren, carefully balancing her budget, and making life decisions which inspired many of us. Particularly when she moved into an assisted senior living apartment with her big loom and her cowardly cat. I remember we wrote to each other about that particular transition when I was faced with a similar conundrum of selling up my beloved property and moving into an independent senior living building.
Her voice was loud when she saw injustice of any kind and she had many health challenges. She bought herself another car but then didn't hesitate to admit the mistake of this and promptly sold it. She continued working that loom and marketing her wonderful towels (I have a few and gifted quite a few) which are everlasting. Her struggles were tough in the last couple of years and blogging became sporadic.
She was blessed, as I am, with a caring daughter who watched out for her and helped when necessary.
These caring daughters should, honestly, get medals. I know her Beth (she always called her "My Beth" ) was a huge comfort to her.
I will miss you dear Joanne. I always looked forward to your posts and your adventures in the markets where you sold your goodies.
A bright star for many of us as you navigated your challenges, your hopes and your dreams.
"Rest Aisy" as we say back home. You were one of a kind.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.
Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.