Monday, February 06, 2012

How Can I Leave Thee?


Look. See here. I can do gorgeous, you wanna see gorgeous? I'll lie here so perfectly still in the snow. I just won't move until you snap your fingers. Once for get up. Two for sit down. Three like you just did for lie down. In. The. Snow. See? Gorgeous.

I saw the suitcase. I know you're off somewhere. Leaving me. So I have a plan. For the next few days I'm going to be so perfect. Hugging you. Heeling you. Leaning in on your shoulder and closing my eyes in bliss. Does you in, doesn't it? Those tears of guilt start to roll down your cheeks.

You might just change your mind.

I'll help you unpack.

13 comments:

  1. They don't just read your mind, they read your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, they are just so Baaaaad! I'm sure she will do fine while you are away, but first she'll tear your heart out.

    Sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you leave her now? It will be awfully cruel to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doggie emotional blackmail, eh? So where will Anya go while you're away?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, my profound apologies to Ansa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why we can't have a dog for now. Wish I could borrow yours while you're away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right, you know what you have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can you be sooooo cruel as to leave that beautiful creature?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ansa is so beautiful (and knows how to pose to her advantage)--they all seem to know that. Lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Linda (above) - this is the reason we simply can't have a dog.

    I wish we lived nextdoor - we'd dog-sit Ansa with the greatest of pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So that is what snow looks like this winter.I do like the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.