Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Words for Wednesday - Continuation - 3/20/19

Ah, it's that time of the week again. And thanks to Muted Mumblings for hosting Words for Wednesday for the month of March 2019. Please visit her to see who else is taking part. I find these words great for the imagination.

This is a continuation of the story I wrote last week. See Part 1 of the story here.


These are the words for this week:

blasted*, withered*, derelict*, broken*, chained*, and ground*
and/or
fresh*, growing*, alive*, active*, hope,* and dreams*.


Trapped in her car, Sherry looked up fearfully at Redhead as she passed over her driver's licence and insurance with shaking hands.

"You might as well chain me inside a prison cell," she whispered, her voice failing her, "kick me to the ground...."

"Well," Redhead drawled, "Aren't we full of self-pity? Seems like some loser guy blasted the hell out of you...."

"Peter Vanderhoof," Sherry gulped,"Broke his promises, took all my savings, left me derelict...."

"Who did you say?" Redhead said, her face transforming from angry cop to sympathy in a flash.

"Peter Vanderhoof," Sherry stopped crying, surprised at the cop's reaction.

"Tall, blonde, fortyish?" Redhead asked in a withering voice, glancing down at the licence. Sherry nodded. "Oh my, Ms. Sherry MacDonald, you need to exit this car of yours right now."

Sherry, trembling, got out of the car. Redhead held out her hand for the keys.

"We're going to call you a cab. And you're going to meet me at Jasper's Cafe in 15 minutes. I'm going to say you were sick rather than drunk. You have a chance for a fresh start here. A chance to come alive again."

Sherry's head spun. She obediently fumbled her mobile out of her purse, Redhead took it and called a cab.

"My name is Patsy Kline, and don't start with that song Crazy or you'll kill any hope of redemption tonight." And she laughed.

Sherry waited and watched as a cab pulled up beside them, not daring to say a word.

"My dream has been to catch that wretched crook predator scumbag Peter. And you've re-activated that old file for me. Do I have a story to tell you at Jasper's!"

19 comments:

  1. Ooooh ...... and we want to hear that story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder where Mumblings is going to steer this story?

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. Now that was a plot twister if ever I saw one. I hope next week's words will bring us a third half of this story ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Third and four halves, perhaps, depending on Mumblings.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  3. This is one helluva story to be written from random words. We do want to hear the third half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're all making me chuckle. I can hardly wait to see what happens to Patsy and Sherry.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  4. Now I am really curious to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOhhh a serial story! I can't wait to see what story Redhead tells!!!I always look forward to Words for Wed. but now even more. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candace, I sure hope the plot thickens.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  6. Ok, coffee's on the table. Let the tale begin!
    Oh bummer I've got another 6 days to wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vindication! I knew redhead had a good heart :)
    Now I'm glad it was her that pulled Sherry over. I'd love to hear Redhead's tale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can hardly wait myself River. It's all up to Mumblings now.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I missed episode one somehow, but have caught up now. Tee-hee re "Patsy Kline" :) I shall look forward to more, on any PK and PV duel to come! My money is on PK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd get the joke T, I wonder did others. No idea what's going to happen in this saga.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  10. patsy kline? I like that. but I honestly rather like redhead more as a name.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.