Monday, March 12, 2012
Five Glorious Things
I've meant to post this weekly, to keep myself mindful and thankful. Mondays. Must remember.
1. Some would view this as a chore but I don't: Every morning in the cooler temperatures I come downstairs and set and light the fire in the woodstove while the dog runs around the meadow in joy at her morning release and I put on the coffee and oatmeal and get her food together and come out again to the now roaring fire.
2. My daily walks along the shore where I get to see the scene above called "Winter Blues".
3. The postmaster, yeah, I've written about him here, but where else would I get a call from the post office to tell me in an awestruck voice: yeah, there's four packages for me today. Two with work. So come down today.
4. My tax software wasn't working. I de-installed, I re-installed over the past 24 hours. Nah, wouldn't work. At all. I called the software support line and just as I started to tell the technician my problem it began to work, all by its little ol' self. We laughed for 5 minutes as I insisted it was her particular ether magic that got it rolling.
5. Finding a new editor through my daughter and her huge network of fab people. And this time, maybe this time, I'll be finally putting out the book of short stories. Soon.