Sunday, August 23, 2015

Jackets and Gooseberries


"It wouldn't buy a jacket for a gooseberry" was one of my mother's phrases when observing a pittance of cash offered for some bauble or other.

Well, that was me last night.

I got paid to perform. And the lovely audience there bought some of my greeting cards featuring my photos and my poetry.

And all the big bucks were added up and there wasn't a jacket to be had for the poor gooseberries.

But was I thrilled to pieces?

Unbelievably.

So I stroked the wee cheque. And counted the cash and put it into an envelope and tucked it away.

And I tell you: There's nothing better than getting paid for something you'd do for nothing you love it so much.

8 comments:

  1. Let's hope it's just the beginning of many years of paid performances! I sure wish I could've been there to see you do your thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too S JG the more I do it the more confident I get and that feels good too.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend. I just so live reading my own work to an appreciative audience.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  3. I'd love to hear you sometime. Got CDs or podcasts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's an idea Hattie, must record my stuff before I fall into the pit :)

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thrilled for you! This is well-deserved recognition.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.