Sunday, September 27, 2015

An Observation


I attempted to post this a few days ago from my android but blogger was having none of it.

I was mulling. As I am wont to do.

I've noticed something new in people recently - as in what they tell you or what they humble-brag about, are in direct conflict with their actions.

For instance, they will talk of their compassion and charity to the 3rd world in a careless or humble way ("it was the least we could do")and then every behaviour they exhibit shows anything but, as they drive away in their huge jeeps wearing their designer clothes made in child labour sweat shops.

"We're never any trouble, are we dear?" the guests affirm to each other and then proceed to demand a 3rd cup of coffee over a staggeringly late breakfast (giggle - we're till on Alberta hours! - giggle)even though they've already emptied the pot and you now have to make another.

"I always give to the beggars on the street, poor unfortunates, unless they're drunk or drugged or plain filthy, you know?"

And what kind of beggar performance would please you today, ma'am/sir?






16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...Seriously? And here I was thinking all of your PG's were educated, self-aware and not, literally or otherwise, full of themselves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my first pair of challenging PGs E and I didn't even mention the worst of what the did. Lol.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
    2. I love your description in mallwart...I really dislike that and try to avoid it...Best to you.

      Delete
    3. The only place that carries a blanket wool I favour E and I can't afford to get via post.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. I am constantly surprised at how unaware most of us are. We have a young, recently divorced relative who rants on FB and has never realized that he is describing himself over and over. Being unaware seems to be a prevalent human condition . . . wish I could see myself from afar sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blissful ignorance I believe, Diane. I think they'd be truly shocked. I'm probably guilty myself.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I notice that sort of contradiction frequently. People are either trying to fool themselves, or other people, that they're better than they are. I catch myself doing the same sometimes. But in general I admit I'm not always perfectly ethical in what I do and buy and consume. I'm not saintly and I don't pretend to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no saint, Nick but I do hope I am self aware - i.e. I despise I have to sometimes shop at Mallwart.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  5. I love the ones who treat everyone in sight like a servant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they precious indeed, Hattie, especially the finger snappers.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  6. We call these people "the la de da" crowd. You have got to visit us sometime, particularly our capital city New Delhi to see the worst of humanity there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pace of life may have a lot to do with it, Ramana. Crowded cities have a stressful effect.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  7. I've yet to see a single hand-wringing middle-class politician of ours give up their spare room to a Syrian refugee family for an undisclosed number of years. And lately all our politicians are shutting up about the crisis completely as they realise that they really have bitten off more than they can chew in their public exortations that we should all welcome immigrants into our homes and country unreservedly! And apprently only one in five of those trying to come over are from Syria in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura same in Canada. And the upcoming election has them ponderously debating women's rights without ONE MENTION of the 100+women murdered in Canada so far in 2015 by male partners or male exes. I can hardly breathe.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  8. Actions speak louder than words.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.