Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Blog Jam


I take my front yard for granted sometimes. Until I catch other people taking pictures of my house or in one case an artist painting it from the beach.

And I look outside and catch views like this and it never fails to squeeze my heart. I mean, seriously, this is my front yard?

Things are a-hopping in my town, many interesting upcoming events like an art/artifact show. Plans in the works for a harvest fair next year with competition for the biggest potato, prettiest lettuce, etc. and sales of produce.

I am amazed at how much growing happens here. And then all those berries (12 berry seasons!) free for the picking on hill and dale. My freezer is full. Jamming season has begun. Pictures to follow.

More and more residents are truly seeing this beautiful town with new glasses.

We had a competition for the best photograph for a new sign - now installed - and the feedback has been amazing. A sailboat at sunset and two locals planted a matching flowerbed - all red and yellow and orange - underneath it. A stunning work of art on the roadside as you approach the town.

I am taking a simple joy in simple pleasures and I highly recommend it.

12 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Let's look for the small pleasures and those big issues can take care of themselves. Lovely front yard! It's some nice living right on the beach eh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some nice indeed, Jan, water and I have a great relationship, I can't bear the thought of not living near or on it.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beauty, I love the water and missing here by the woods :)
    Love your view, would love to visit your area but seems if I go to
    the grocery I am hurry back to the woods as quick as I can :)
    Can relate to your words so deeply
    sometimes we do not really see what is surrounding us?
    I know I am guilty of this.
    Take care of you
    that is all that really matters at this time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful feeling being in love with your own house, isn't it Ernestine? As long as we open up our eyes :)
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
    2. So beautiful to wake up to that each day, in all seasons.

      BTW, I am distraught.....your book list has disappeared! What am I going to do!
      xxxx

      Delete
  4. Recommendation accepted without qualification with much appreciation and gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simplicity must be one of the gifts of old age, Ramana.

      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  5. Oh yes, lovely and thriving. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my own domain for sure Hattie but outside of it? See today's post.....

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.