Friday, April 10, 2015

30 Days - Day 1


I'm going to try this, write a piece every day for 30 days. I've got other stuff on the go at the moment so it squeezes out my Scriobhnarin, my writing muse. A lot of stuff on the go. Exciting stuff which really helps me maintain stability and keeps me focussed on what's important.

We were awarded a grant for my town but more on that later. I'll have to come up with a project manager, task and timelines. A lovely project which will hopefully enhance our community even further.

I was down at our wharf last evening watching the crab boats heading out (note to self: for gawd's sake woman, always pack your camera) and it was one of those moments, you know? Where perfect peace descends and all feels right, just in the moment. The boats so beautiful and meaningful with their nets and pots and their soft thrumming on the water, the wide white wakes, the gulls cawing overhead, the crews in their yellow oilskins, the forty shades of blue in the sea and the sky reflecting off each other endlessly. I could live in that moment forever. The clean mission of it, orderly, fruitful, harmonious with the bounty of the sea.

A crystal moment in my life.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea to share the good moments of each day. Way better than putting them on a slip of paper in a jar. I smell the boats and sea from your writing. Way better than the stink coming in my windows this morning. Rain is forecast before nightfall so the local farmers are muck spreading.... even after almost 38 years my stomach turns at the smell! But! The sun is shining! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GM:
    I hear ya, manure always makes my stomach heave too. Here we use kelp from the shore and sheep manure which is just about odourless.
    Hey for that sun, here it is beaming too and the bay is like a mirror.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived in Switzerland, I always ran to shut the windows when I saw the Gueliwagen (shitwagon)coming. It was spreading the cow manure and cow pee, allowed to ferment in a tank under the cow barn and then sprayed over the fields. The farmer loved to spray it high in the air, so that the lovely smell could be enjoyed far and wide. Just thinking about this makes my stomach heave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hattie, how quickly my blog descends from a vision on the clean ocean to the smell of shyte.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. you make me want to visit Newfoundland

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.